Living in Switzerland – Information and counselling online  


If you work during your stay in Switzerland or if you stay in the country for more than three months, you must have a permit. Permits are issued by the Cantonal Migration Offices.

A distinction is made between:
  • Short-term residence permits for a duration of less than 1 year (L Permit)
  • Residence permit (B Permit)
  • Settlement Permit (C Permit)
For asylum seekers and refugees the Swiss Asylum Law applies.

In this section: Settlement Permit , Residence Permits, Persons Employed in Switzerland, Renewal of the residence permit, Registration

Related links: