Living in Switzerland – Information and counselling online  

Tax at source

Foreign employees (except those with a C permit) must pay income tax monthly, deducted directly from their salaries.

The deduction is calculated on the monthly gross salary. You may receive non-taxable income: indemnities and allowances such as family allowances, meal or travel expenses, tips, as well as accident or disability payments should be added to your salary after taxation.
Family status (single, married, widowed, separated) determines the income tax tariff applied. 

If your family status changes during the year (marriage, divorce, death, etc.), you must immediately inform your local tax administration.

Related links: